Tuesday 9 June 2009

The guy I liked ;)

The dazzling eyes, the velvet voice, the caring attitude, the tenderness and the fact that he can hear thoughts together form a really deadly combination. Well, I would have asked to guess the person I am talking about, but then, when no one here can get tuned to my thoughts, it will be unfair of me. I am talking about none other than Edward Cullen, the central male character of the Twilight series.

Reading about him just makes you wish!! The way he is described in the books is simply awesome. And then suddenly I realized why I was taken in by his charm. I see him through the eyes of the person who is in love with him. But, this only feels like an excuse. He is great and the way he constantly thinks whether he is selfish or not by being with the one he loves is quite alluring. To be precise, there is nothing in him that is not adorable.

After reading Midnight Sun, I felt, why hasn’t Stephenie Meyer, written a parallel draft from Edward’s perspective, for all the books. I am not implying that hearing Bella’s thoughts is in any way boring. (Bella is the protagonist of the series, from whose view point the story is told.) But that tells so much less about Edward. Its sometimes frustrating not to hear the intricate details of the Edward’s mind and his relationship with his adopted family.

I really admire the way the author has narrated. She just absorbs the readers into the fantasy world. After sometime, for me, the line started to get blurred. Oh! It’s not like I have gone mad. Just that the experience was quite different and pleasing from the usual routine. I could go on and on about Edward, even to the point of quoting his dialogues. But I guess, it would be very dull for anyone else. He is the most amazing guy I have read about. As I said, it just makes me wish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment