Tuesday 24 November 2009

Amidst the dreams

I am going to write about dreams, in the literal context. Not the dreams that we want to fulfill, but the dreams that we see at night. At night, I encounter the dream world numerous times. And the strange thing is that I remember almost all of my dreams. Generally from what I have heard from other people, they don’t remember much of the dreams they see or they claim that they enjoy a dreamless sleep. I have always wanted to know what my dreams meant, how they can be interpreted. I wanted to somehow relate them to the real world. But of course, if that had been an easy task, anyone could have done it.

Jumping from the matter of dreams to the one famous personality, I know in this field, Dr. Sigmund Freud. I had heard about him and had even come across his name in many of the books that I read. I too knew that he is well known as the father of psychoanalysis. One day, just browsing through the net, I got directed to Freud’s wikepedia page. It was a fascinating read and I enjoyed it thoroughly. But now that the fire had been lit, it craved for more information. Now was an opportunity for me to know about my dreams. So, I downloaded his book ‘Interpretation of dreams’. To be frank, I was tentative at first, as I didn’t know whether it was worth reading. But yet I started and even the first few pages had me mesmerized. I have read only 8 pages and I have already got answers to some of my questions.

The subject is greatly interesting. I didn’t have much knowledge concerning this, yet it seems captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment