Thursday 26 August 2010

Straighten the Curls

I am a girl with dark black curly hair. In my childhood, these curls were more like short springs atop my head. Though they might have looked cute at that time, my parents faced great difficulty when it came to combing my hair. So for the very first time, they thought that may be, completely shaving my head, would help in the way that, the hair would regrow to be normal straight hair. But much to their dismay, when they came back, they were exactly like they were previously. And I am shocked today, to know, that this technique of straightening the curls was tried twice, before letting go.

The point of the matter is: the basic nature of a living being in 99% cases cannot be altered let alone completely turning it into something else. The way people are and the way they behave is something that is unique to that individual. In some cases it might change, but that needs immense will power of the person and willingness to do so. Short cut techniques hardly work.

Yes, there is always a question of why we need to change. But I think, someone who has seen life closely and observed its various aspects would come to know the need for changes in ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment