Thursday 26 August 2010

A Walk in the Woods

A few days back, I dreamt a beautiful dream. There were a lot of reasons why it was beautiful. But the scenic exotic nature does not play a main part in that description, but the divine feeling it gave.

There was a narrow muddy path surrounded by the lush green trees. The woods were everywhere, till the eyes reached horizon. The path was winding downwards as if I stood on top of a hill. Somewhere, water was flowing and its sound made a backdrop for the complete silence in the woods. It must have rained recently, as there was moss everywhere. Slow wind was flowing rustling the trees silently. Feeling all this made me marvel at the nature.

But the moment my eyes turned from the scenery around, towards the people with me, I was amazed to see the lot. It completely switched my attention from the scenery. I saw the whole bunch of my friends. Some were school friends, some were college friends and the others were office friends. There were faces which I didn’t remember having seen since some years. Also present there, were some of my cousins with whom I had lost contact, the ones with whom in my childhood I had shared a great camaraderie.

As I walked through those glorious woods, chatting with all the people there, I felt contentment which I hadn’t felt since a long time. The talk I shared with everyone there, though bordering on trivial things, made me feel full of life. It felt as if I had been searching for this destination and now I had found it.

Remembering the dream in the morning brought a smile to my lips. I memorized the dream and the faces that I hadn’t remembered in my real life. I looked upon that dream as a treasure. When I unconsciously sought the ‘why’ behind the dream, I realized, may be somewhere deep inside, I wanted to be able to talk to everyone who, at some point in my life had been close to me.

4 comments:

  1. thnkfully no one stabbed you again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya, otherwise the beautiful dream would have drastically changed into a horror one :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading d blog (reel life) after the trip (real life)feels simply amazing n like :O Ditto re... Want a sequel for the same (ofreal life ;-) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazingly articulate before real journey

    ReplyDelete