Monday 8 November 2010

Across the Wall

It stood unyielding and strong
Running miles long
My hand lightly traveled
It’s rough mossy surface
Over me the ancient wall towered
What lay beyond, not giving a view of the space

Everyone crosses to that side
One time or the other
With someone standing beside
An almost stranger
Or with a known ride

The moment comes late for some
For others it is ahead of time
As for me, I don’t know what it is
Made me a bit worrisome
I assume it’s going to be a life changing find

A lone figure I stood
But together two can cross
I was seeking the one with whom I would
But my eye tried to glance across

I was curious
A little bit anxious
Of what lay beyond, of what would happen
What will I discover
Will my spirits fly or will they dampen
Uncertainties hover
I force them to sink
Hunting for a crack to glint

Just a glance
A small peek
To quell my mind’s thirst.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful poem vidu... :-)
    and same pinch...
    mere liye bhi bahut worrisome hai... ;-) :-P

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what... I knew you would understand, without an explanation.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ulti poem..:)
    super like :))

    i think apne jese valo ko sabka esa hoga..atleast we four.. :)

    ReplyDelete