Thursday 25 November 2010

Little joys of small moments..

With our stress induced lives, all moments in time worrying or thinking about one thing or the other, small magical moments make a refreshing change.

Since I don’t know from how long I have been working constantly with a all too near deadline. But though the work is enjoyable, sometimes it becomes a wee bit tedious and monotonous; a large part of it being the absence of near and dear ones at office.

But these small pockets of happiness bring a beautiful smile to the face..

Since two days, Ahmedabad is resembling a hill station. A light drizzle, almost no sunlight, wintry winds, foggy atmosphere, it’s beautiful. This Sunday my boss was giving a party to all the team mates celebrating his wedding anniversary. It was Sunday afternoon, though afternoon was not the word one would have used to describe the time. The venue in question was almost more than 20 kms far from my home. Before starting, to me, it felt like an uphill job (yes, job!! that's how it felt..) I am not much into driving. The thought of a long a drive through the crowded streets of Ahmedabad, crossing the old city was overwhelming.

But when I started, plugging my cell's earphones into my ears, the journey did not seem huge. With the wind blowing through my hair, very few people on the streets, everything felt marvelous. I was singing the songs along with the music player at the top of my voice coursing through easily without having to pay much attention to things other than the sheer pleasure I was experiencing. The speed of my vehicle was a bit more than it usually is, giving me a thrill. Not a single thought passed through my head, only the lyrics of the songs..

I felt free, on top of the world with nothing following me, not a worry in the world and as if i was cruising through the clouds fully attuned to the musical world.

3 comments:

  1. :-)
    while reading I felt as if I was part of the journey.. i cud imagine u singing... and I pity on wind who tried to challange ur hair :-P

    as u knw I also have a habit of singing while driving, which I have continued in cab too.
    Abt those who have to listen to me... Well,Who cares?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) nice post
    While reading I can also feel the pleasure u felt that time :)

    I also used to sing loudly while driving when road is full of Two wheelers, three Two wheelers & Four Two wheelers...ppl used to stare @ me but as komli said...Who cares?? ;) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I repeat, Who cares... ;-)
    & People, Vidu's enjoyment could be seen on her face that day, after she reached the venue...Hmm, now i got the reason of the smile on her face...Loved it :-)

    ReplyDelete