Monday 31 January 2011

Zayka North India ka..

It was in the second week of December that I and my family went to attend a cousin's wedding in Lucknow, well to be specific it was Suprit weds Anuradha :). It was a fun fare and the shaadi was North Indian to the core. There was lots of food, great amount of dancing and even more of healthy discussions, conversations and very loving people. I had fun meeting everyone there after such a long time. The fantastic part was that, even though a long time had passed, all of us met as we were in contact on a daily basis. Not even for a moment, did I feel like an outsider. It was a refreshing change to see people talking to each other and enjoying each other's company just because they wanted to and not because they had to. And there was color, glamour, music, fun and every needed masti ingredient.

And that's the zayka of north india. I stared with wide eyes at the glitz of the wedding. The amount and taste of food had me feeling as if i was eating for the first time in my life. It had an allure that you cannot find anywhere in the world. And the loving way I was fed everything (twice!!) was very touching.

I fell in love with some of the things. Fufaji's home where we stayed, it was a history in itself. A kothi from the nawabi era, it has housed generations of people. I could not get over its greatness and grandeur. The chudi wali gali that housed a number of bangles's shop and which was so narrow that at a time only two people can walk together. The winding narrow lanes getting connected at numerous places and yet when the houses emerge in those lanes, they were huge and great structures. The malai makhan, a delicacy I haven't had anywhere. The chat that was prepared right there in our house the night before the wedding. And last but not the least the dholwala and the incessant dancing. In saari cheezon ne mann-moh liya humara :)

Every part of India has a different flavour to itself. It is unlike any other. I loved every moment of the wedding. Though it was not the first time i had been there nor was it the first time I enjoyed, but it is just the first time to write about it. Even after so many days have passed, we at home still talk about it, as a moment in time we savoured.

(I just wish I had some images to go with this)

No comments:

Post a Comment