Wednesday 11 March 2009

Rain

First drops of rain touch my eyes,
I feel them leaving the tip of my lashes, landing on my cheeks,
As if in worship of the rain God, I look up to the skies,
Two more of them I feel on my forehead, where, meanwhile, the sun, in & out of the cloud flicks.

In my surroundings, I watch people trying to protect themselves from the water,
I look at them & feel that they are missing the best part of life,
Thunder crackles, lightning lights up the sky, then also my steps don’t falter,
And then I get a thought, why not draw the people out & make them experience that this is the real life.

I stop, stare into their eyes, move on the spot, with all the happiness I am feeling reflecting on
my face,
It is thundering showers till now, I look at them again & see that one or two persons are tempted to experience,
I feel myself getting bold & reckless, I collect some water drops in my hand, approach a little boy & with the water, his hand I trace,
The sweet little boy leaves his mother’s hand, follows me in the rain & he too as if in worship stages a dance.


Watching the pure pleasure in the boy’s eyes, the people realize, having security may make life easy,
But, stepping out of the boundaries will make you enjoy life and not regret it,
So, most people there, stepped out into the rain, and understood that they should make the most of it, life was giving them a treat.

2 comments: