Tuesday 13 October 2009

Song of the month

Some days back, I, with my mom got to animatedly cleaning and organizing the age old cassettes and discs we had. Today, however, we siblings try to convince our parents into using the newest technology, they don’t feel comfortable. So when it comes to music too, there’s the same scenario and hence all the old cassettes and discs are kept safely. But I agree that there is no doubt that the collection of songs is awesome and there is very little chance that these classics can be obtained again.

In between cataloging and reading the songs from the cover, we were playing the songs which interested us. That’s when we encountered a cassette that had a mixture of songs without any particular category from different old movies. I heard this particular song. It probably was from the era where still play back singing hadn’t been introduced and I am unaware about the movie considering the time. Yet the music and lyrics mesmerized me. And I listened to it many times. So after that, whenever I tried to hum, I had that song on my mouth. And today it’s almost been a month and still that tune is stuck in my head.

Here’s a peep into the lyrics:
Woh paas rahen ya door rahen nazaron mein samaye rehte hain,
Itna to bata de koi hamein
Kya pyaar isi ko kehte hain

Well, thats the mukhda, and beyond that I am unable to remember. May be I will hunt for that cassette and listen to the song once more (the pull is irresistible) and write out the lyrics, so that I’ll be able to sing the complete song whenever my heart tells me to.

No comments:

Post a Comment